Elderberry Syrup Recipe
Makes about 2 cups Elderberry Syrup
3 1/2 cups water
2/3 cup dried elderberries
1/2 cup sweetener, or more to taste - raw honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Add elderberries to water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Let cool, then strain the liquid into a large bowl. Mash the berries left behind to obtain extra liquid.
Mix in your preferred sweetener, adding more to taste if desired.
- Enjoy it warm and fresh, then store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a month.
- Capture and share your creation on social! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @HeyHealthJunkie
For more fun Elderberry Syrup flavors, check out our full collection: Cheeky Tart Cherry, Sassy Cinnamon, and Bold Ginger!